Imagine this: on the last Saturday in April, wherever you live, there will be people practicing Tai Chi and Qi Gong from 10-12 local time. So the next World Tai Chi Day 2024-2030 will be:
- April 27, 2024
- April 26, 2025
- April 25, 2026
- April 24, 2027
- April 29, 2028
- April 28, 2029
- April 27, 2030
And it’s for free! Especially as a beginner, World Tai Chi Day is a fantastic opportunity to get to know local teachers. Just go there, do some Qi Gong and Tai Chi exercises and talk to the people. It’s good for your health and it’s just one morning. I think that’s an easy way to learn Tai Chi. And you most likely can have a glimpse at more advanced Tai Chi people and various styles.
I always enjoy going to my local event. It feels like class reunion, when so many different students, teachers, and styles meet in the park.
If you feel unsure as how those events are like, just have a look at this map with many World Tai Chi Day World videos from around the world (click on a red marker, then on the picture to see a local video!):
I think it is amazing that the events look quite similar all around the globe. No matter what color or nationality or whatever, everyone just enjoys the Tai Chi moves and Qi Gong exercises.
It really is One World – or at least One Tai Chi World!
So if you want to find an event close to you, you can search for one here.
But I think advanced Qi Gong and Tai Chi practitioners benefit from World Tai Chi Day, too. After I moved to Munich I went to my first World Tai Chi Day in Munich last year. I met a lot of other enthusiasts and it is just a good thing to know other people in the local Tai Chi and Qi Gong scene.
But what if there is no event offered in your city? Well, just organize one yourself!
Especially if you are a teacher, you might find some new students. If I were you, I would scout a nice spot for the event, list it at the official World Tai Chi page, post it on Facebook etc., tell my students and friends about it, maybe even inform the local newspaper. And then – just have fun!
So if you want to offer your local event, you might just need some more background information. These are the
Key Facts about World Tai Chi Day
- 1st World Tai Chi & Qi Gong Day was held 1999 in Kansas City, founded by Bill Douglas (read my interview with Bill here)
- Events are organized locally and free of charge
- Time: last Saturday in April, 10-12 local time
- Motto is “One World … One Breath”
- Starting in Auckland, events spread all over the world and end in Hawaii
- Events are held in 80 countries and 100s of cities (including New York City, Beijing, Jerusalem, Tehran, Cape Town, Milano, Berlin, etc.)
- There are live streams from events all other the world (more info on this Facebook page)
- Find out more on the official webpage: www.worldtaichiday.org
And now I just want to wish you all a wonderful World Tai Chi & Qi Gong Day!