As I started reading books about Tai Chi Chuan, I wanted to find out what are the best Tai Chi books. Thus I made my own wishlist of best Tai Chi books based on several recommendations I found all over the internet. I also analyzed the bestseller-lists on Amazon.
I did not find THE no.1 book, but there are 13 books that I consider the best based on my research. Click on the picture or on the link below and you can read more about them on Amazon*.
best Tai Chi books
So if you plan to get more into Tai Chi Chuan, why don’t you choose one of these books and start reading?
If you want to buy any of those great books about Tai Chi, click on the titles above or the links below* (in alphabetical order)
- Cheng Tzu’s Thirteen Treatises of T’ai Chi Ch’uan by Cheng Man Ch’ing*
- How to Grasp the Bird’s Tail if You Don’t Speak Chinese by Jane Schorre* (this book is not very well known, but I think it is fantastic. I wrote more about the book here)
- Mastering Yang Style Taijiquan by Fu Zhongwen*
- Steal My Art by T.T. Liang* (actually this is one of my most favorite Taijiquan books. It is a very pleasurable read about the life of the Tai Chi Master T.T.Liang.)
- T’ai Chi Ch’uan for Health and Self-Defense by T.T.Liang*
- Tai Chi Theory & Martial Power by Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming*
- The Art of Learning by Josh Waitzkin*
- The Dao of Taijiquan by Jou, Tsung Hwa*
- The Essence and Application of Taijiquan by Yang Chengfu*
- The Five Levels of Taijiquan by Chen Xiaowang*
- The Power of Internal Martial Arts and Qi by Bruce Frantzis*
- There are no secrets by Wolfe Lowenthal*
- Yang Family Secret Transmissions compiled by Douglas Wile*
And of course I will keep you updated on the books I read. Some of them have already arrived. I am looking forward to dive into them!
So I think within the next couple of years you will find MANY book reviews here at Qialance!
Plus maybe you are also interested in
- list of best Qi Gong books
- list of TCM books (Traditional Chinese Medicine)
- books written by Cheng Manching and his students
- list of interesting Push Hands books
P.S.: I would like to add that I wrote my first book about Tai Chi! It is The Taijiquan & Qi Gong Dictionary*! I think it is great for any beginners and will help you to get an idea of many words and concepts that are covered in the other books. And I am proud to say that it has some 5-stars ratings on Amazon!