As I just started reading English books on Tai Chi Chuan (I am from Germany), I wanted to find out what are the best Tai Chi books. So I made my own wishlist of best Tai Chi books based on several recommendations I found all over the internet:
The best Tai Chi books
So if you plan to get more into Tai Chi Chuan, why don’t you choose one of these books and start reading?
If you want to buy any of those great books about Tai Chi, click on the titles above or the links below:
- Cheng Tzu’s Thirteen Treatises of T’ai Chi Ch’uan by Cheng Man Ch’ing
- T’ai Chi Ch’uan for Health and Self-Defense by T.T.Liang
- Steal My Art by T.T. Liang (actually this is one of my most favorite Taijiquan books. It is a very pleasurable read about the life of the Tai Chi Master T.T.Liang.)
- Yang Family Secret Transmissions compiled by Douglas Wile
- Tai Chi Theory & Martial Power by Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming
- The Power of Internal Martial Arts and Qi by Bruce Frantzis
- The Dao of Taijiquan by Jou, Tsung Hwa
- The Essence and Application of Taijiquan by Yang Chengfu
- The Five Levels of Taijiquan by Chen Xiaowang
- There are no secrets by Wolfe Lowenthal
- Mastering Yang Style Taijiquan by Fu Zhongwen
- How to Grasp the Bird’s Tail if You Don’t Speak Chinese by Jane Schorre (I wrote more about this book here)
And of course I will keep you updated on the books I read. Some of them have already arrived. I am looking really forward to dive into them!
So I think within the next couple of years you will find MANY book reviews here at Qialance! And maybe you are also interested in the best Qi Gong books!
P.S.: I would like to add that I wrote my first book about Tai Chi! It is The Taijiquan & Qi Gong Dictionary! I think it is great for any beginners and will help you to get an idea of many words and concepts that are covered in the other books. And I am proud to say that it has 5-stars ratings on Amazon!